Stopaq® Paste CZHT is a corrosion preventing moulding paste that is especially designed for high temperature applications. It adheres extremely well to steel and factory applied pipeline coatings like PE, PP and FBE.
Stopaq® Paste CZHT is a non-toxic, cold-applied, and visco-elastic moulding paste, based on a compound consisting of non-crystalline, low-viscosity, non-crosslinked (fully amorphous), non-reactive Polyisobutene.
Stopaq® Paste CZHT is viscous at the indicated operating temperatures. Due to its liquid nature it has a set of unique properties like cold-flow into all irregularities of the substrate and self-healing of the complete coating system. The compound does not cure and is unable to build up internal stress. Stopaq® Paste CZHT is fully resistant to water and has a very low gas- and water vapour permeability.
Stopaq® Paste CZHT requires an additional flexible mechanical protective layer like Stopaq® Outerwrap. This improves impact and indentation resistance of the coating system and supports the self-healing ability of small damages like dents and cuts. Optionally a rigid mechanical protective layer can be applied on top like Stopaq® Polyester or Stopaq® Outerglass Shield.
- Controlled cold flow providing permanent inflow into the finest pores of the substrate
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- Low surface tension; adheres on many types of dry substrates at a molecular level
- Adhesion based on vanderWaals forces
- Inert to ageing and weathering
- No osmosis or underfilm migration of moisture
- No cathodic disbondment
- Environmentally friendly, no health and safety hazards to humans
- Resistant to many chemicals like water, salts, acids, alkalis, polar solvents, etc.
- Easy to apply
- Easy to control application
- Surface tolerant: no blasting techniques required, wire brushing is sufficient (ISO 8501-1: St 2)
- Can be moulded onto various types of irregular shaped objects
- Cathodic Protection (CP) of steel structures is not affected
- Guaranteed performance
- Flanges: For protection against external corrosion and shaping of connection flanges, insulation flanges and blind flanges.
- Valves: For protection against external corrosion and shaping of valves.
- Irregular shaped parts: For protection against external corrosion and shaping of manhole covers, bolts & nuts, etc.
- Cad-welds: For protection against external corrosion of welded CP-wire connections on underground pipelines (Pin-brazes) and underground steel structures protected by CP.
- Pipe coating repairs: For protection against external corrosion and as filler for pipeline coating defects of e.g. 3LPE coated pipelines, prior to application of consecutive mechanical protective coating.