Stopaq® Wrappingband CZHT is a high temperature corrosion preventing wrap material adhering extremely well to steel and factory applied pipeline coatings like PP, Liquid Epoxies and FBE. It is very suitable for use on buried and immersed pipes, for use on pipes and risers in offshore atmospheric conditions, and for use on pipes susceptible for corrosion under insulation.
Stopaq® Wrappingband CZHT is a non-toxic, cold-applied, prefabricated wrap coating, based on a compound containing non-crystalline, low-viscosity, non-crosslinked (fully amorphous), pure homopolymer Polyisobutene.
Stopaq® Wrappingband CZHT is viscous at the indicated operating temperatures. Due to its liquid nature it has a set of unique properties, like cold-flow into all irregularities of the substrate, and self-healing of the complete coating system. The compound does not cure and is unable to build up internal stress. Stopaq® Wrappingband CZHT is fully resistant to water, salt spray and UV-radiation, and has a low gas- and water vapour permeability.
Stopaq® Wrappingband CZHT requires application of a polymeric outerwrap like Stopaq® Outerwrap HTPP or Stopaq® High Impact Shield HT. This improves impact and indentation resistance of the coating system and supports the self-healing ability of small damages like dents and cuts. Optionally an additional mechanical protective layer can be applied on top like Stopaq® Polyester, Stopaq® Vinylester or Stopaq® Outerglass Shield XT.
- Controlled cold flow providing inflow into the finest pores of the substrate
- Resistant to high temperatures
- Inert to ageing and weathering
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- Self-healing of small dents, voids and cracks
- Low surface tension; adheres on many dry substrates at a molecular level
- Adhesion based on vanderWaals forces
- Surface tolerant: no blasting techniques required, wire brushing is sufficient
- Constant film thickness
- Environmentally friendly, no health and safety hazards to humans
- Resistant to many chemicals like water, salts, acids, alkalis, polar solvents, etc.
- Very well suited for application on new-built pipes, and for pipe coating rehabilitation
- Fast and easy field application
- Can be moulded onto various types of irregular shaped objects
- No osmosis or underfilm migration of moisture
- No cathodic disbondment
- Cathodic Protection (CP) of steel structures is not affected
- Guaranteed performance
- Buried and immersed pipes: For protection against external corrosion of buried and immersed pipes, fittings and field joints made of carbon steel, alloy steel or ductile iron.
- Above ground and offshore pipes and risers: For protection against external corrosion of carbon steel, alloy steel and ductile iron pipes, field joints and fittings exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions.
- Corrosion Under Insulation: For protection against corrosion under insulation of thermally insulated pipes, field joints and fittings made of carbon steel, alloy steel pipes and ductile iron.
- Pipe coating repair and rehabilitation: For repair and rehabilitation and protection against external corrosion of pipeline coating defects.